Buying a home can be a stressful process if you aren’t properly prepared. Unfortunately, some people let the stress of buying a home overshadow the excitement of finding a new place to make their own. Preparing for the major purchase before applying for a First Mortgage Solutions home loan in Overland Park can eliminate some of this stress. People who are getting ready to apply for a home loan in Kansas City can follow these tips for a stress-free experience.
1. Save money for a down payment of at least 20 percent. Any amount less than this will result in a requirement for the borrower to hold mortgage insurance, and this insurance policy adds more to the total cost of owning a home.
2. Consider being pre-approved for a home loan in Overland Park before shopping. A pre-approval shows sellers that the buyer has the financial ability to purchase a home. Pre-approvals can also make the settlement process go quicker.
3. Choose a target area before beginning the home search. Looking at homes without establishing a target area first can waste time and resources, and some people even end up purchasing a home in an area that does not fit their lifestyle.
4. Set a budget that factors in paying a home loan in Kansas City. This simulates how a family will be able to handle the financial responsibility that comes with owning a home. The mortgage is just one of the expenses that should be factored in. Routine maintenance, utilities and putting money toward an emergency fund for unexpected household costs should be taken into account.
5. Research the types of homeowner’s insurance policies that are available to determine which type is needed. Different levels of coverage are available, and the most basic insurance policies tend to come with a small price tag. It is important for future homeowners to weigh the risks of limited insurance against the benefits of saving money on premiums.
Buying your first home or a new home, is an exciting experience for future homeowners. Creating a home for yourself is more than just picking out a great house. When purchasing a new house, having a stress-free experience is important to creating a home. Contact First Mortgage Solutions when you’re preparing to purchase a home. We’ll help you have the stress-free experience you want.
Copyright © 2014 First Mortgage Solutions, LLC. – NMLS ID #244476. Offices located at 9237 Ward Parkway, Suite 300 Kansas City, MO 64114, (855) 222-5102. Licensed in California (License #41DBO-51145, licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act), Colorado (License #244476, Regulated by the Division of Real Estate), Connecticut (License #ML-244476), Florida (License #MLD1331), Georgia (Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee #40649), Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB.6761285 – Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (122 S Michigan Ave Ste 1776, Chicago, IL 60603, (312) 793-3000), Kansas (A Kansas Licensed Mortgage Company - #MC0025009), Missouri (License #14-1636), Nebraska (License #2122), New Jersey (Residential Mortgage Lender License #244476, Licensed by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance), North Carolina (License #L-175556), Oregon (License #ML-5613), (Pennsylvania (Registered as First Mortgage Direct – License #55072), South Carolina (MLS – 244476), Tennessee (License #128181), Texas (Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending), Virginia (License #MC-5877), and Washington (Consumer Loan Company License #CL-244476) . Equal Housing Lender. NMLS Consumer Access: www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org