Fall is coming to Kansas City, MO, and if your home is on the market, you’ll be faced with the challenges of an off-season lull in home-shopping activity. However, if you stay vigilant, you can lure potential buyers with a stunning landscape. As temperatures cool, many people begin to neglect their yards. If yours stands out in the crowd, it’s more likely to charm a prospective buyer. First Mortgage Solutions is here with a few fall landscaping tips that will make buyers stop and take notice.
Fall Landscaping Tips for Sellers
- – Bring out your power washer. Every buyer loves to see clean, new-looking pavement, bricks, siding and fences. It implies that your home has been treated with care and respect. If there is visible mold or mildew, take special care to remove it as this can be considered a red flag.
- – Apply a fresh layer of mulch to your flower beds. It’s easy to do, and it doesn’t cost much, but it will create an impressive, fresh look and add contrast to plants that may be starting to transition into their winter state.
- – Prune and shape your overgrown and unsightly trees and bushes. It’s safe to prune deciduous shrubs at any time of the year.
- – Remove dying weeds and tidy up your perennial plants.
- – Consider labeling your plants. Buyers who are interested in gardening will appreciate the information.
- – Clean and maintain water features such as fountains and ponds. If they can’t be used due to temperature extremes, drain or cover them. A dirty, algae-filled swimming pool or a pond full of stagnant water will send the message that your home is neglected and unsanitary.
- – If you’re planning to remove any plants from the landscape before you move, now is the time to dig them up or hide them. You’re obligated to let prospective buyers know that you’re making changes to the landscape before you leave.
- – If you have leaky outdoor faucets, repair them and remove all signs of the problem. Plumbing problems outdoors suggest that there may be more inside the home.
Is It Time for HomeStyle Loan Renovations?
If your new property needs a little work before you can call it home, First Mortgage Solutions can help with convenient, budget-friendly HomeStyle loans and 203k loans designed to help new buyers of older and aesthetically challenged homes. Apply for a loan online today to get the Kansas City, MO home of your dreams up to speed.
Copyright © 2018 First Mortgage Solutions, LLC. – NMLS ID #244476. Offices located at 9237 Ward Parkway, Suite 300 Kansas City, MO 64114, (855) 222-5102. Licensed in California (License #41DBO-51145, licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act), Colorado (License #244476, Regulated by the Division of Real Estate), Connecticut (License #ML-244476), Florida (License #MLD1331), Georgia (Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee #40649), Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB.6761285 – Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (122 S Michigan Ave Ste 1776, Chicago, IL 60603, (312) 793-3000), Kansas (A Kansas Licensed Mortgage Company - #MC0025009), Missouri (License #14-1636), Nebraska (License #2122), New Jersey (Residential Mortgage Lender License #244476, Licensed by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance), North Carolina (License #L-175556), Oregon (License #ML-5613), (Pennsylvania (Registered as First Mortgage Direct – License #55072), South Carolina (MLS – 244476), Tennessee (License #128181), Texas (Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending), Virginia (License #MC-5877), and Washington (Consumer Loan Company License #CL-244476) . Equal Housing Lender. NMLS Consumer Access: www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org