If you own a home in Colorado, November is the perfect time to tackle those pesky renovation plans that you’ve been avoiding. At the end of the fall season, everyone is rushing to complete their home projects before it gets too cold and wet. After they’re finished, many contractors are left with little to do until spring. In November, the weather is cool, materials may be cheaper, and if you start in the early part of the month, your new look should be complete before the holidays arrive. Let First Mortgage Solutions show you how.
Great Winter Renovation Projects
Interior renovations are ideal for November. If you’re planning exterior projects, wait until spring to execute them so that inclement weather won’t cause delays or threaten to damage work that is in progress. However, if you have a safe place to store them, buying your supplies in winter could greatly reduce your material costs. Great winter projects include changing out interior doors, repainting rooms, laying new tile, replacing major appliances or installing new flooring. It’s also a great time to revamp the interior of your workshop or garage.
Renovate on a Budget: Tips for Saving Money
Remodeling is never cheap, but a few wise choices can make it far less painful to your wallet. Here are a few money-saving tips to keep in mind.
- Do some of your own demolition. If you don’t have experience in demolishing interior spaces, proceed with caution. Stick to simple structures that aren’t connected to plumbing or wiring, and let the professionals handle the rest.
- Use recycled materials. You may even find a few around your own home.
- Ask your contractor if he has extra stock, odds and ends or materials left over from other jobs. He might be able to find you a great deal.
- Help your contractor with simple tasks like painting, sanding or installing insulation. You may be able to save up to five percent by doing some of the work yourself.
- Consider using high-quality imitation materials or sustainably harvested natural materials.
- Design with stock sizes in mind. Using off-the-shelf dimensions will ensure that you don’t pay premium prices for custom fabrication.
- Consider buying your supplies at auction.
If Your Winter Makeover Budget Is Too Tight, First Mortgage Solutions Can Help
First Mortgage Solutions offers convenient renovation mortgage loans to help you revamp your living space without straining your budget. Contact us today, and let us help you find the perfect loan program to meet your unique needs.
Copyright © 2018 First Mortgage Solutions, LLC. – NMLS ID #244476. Offices located at 9237 Ward Parkway, Suite 300 Kansas City, MO 64114, (855) 222-5102. Licensed in California (License #41DBO-51145, licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act), Colorado (License #244476, Regulated by the Division of Real Estate), Connecticut (License #ML-244476), Florida (License #MLD1331), Georgia (Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee #40649), Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB.6761285 – Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (122 S Michigan Ave Ste 1776, Chicago, IL 60603, (312) 793-3000), Kansas (A Kansas Licensed Mortgage Company - #MC0025009), Missouri (License #14-1636), Nebraska (License #2122), New Jersey (Residential Mortgage Lender License #244476, Licensed by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance), North Carolina (License #L-175556), Oregon (License #ML-5613), (Pennsylvania (Registered as First Mortgage Direct – License #55072), South Carolina (MLS – 244476), Tennessee (License #128181), Texas (Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending), Virginia (License #MC-5877), and Washington (Consumer Loan Company License #CL-244476) . Equal Housing Lender. NMLS Consumer Access: www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org